Monday 31 December 2018

Minor Project: Mr Plimsolls- Storyboard

Fig 1: Storyboard Page 1

Fig 2: Storyboard Page 2 

Fig 3: Storyboard Page 3

Fig 3: Storyboard Page 4

Fig 4: Storyboard Page 5 - Final-



Mr Plimsolls Updated Audio after Feedback from Katie Lima on Vimeo.


Here is the Storyboard for my film about Mr Plimsolls, I wanted to go from black and white in the beginning parts and then moved to colour after the reveal of Mr Plimsolls just being a regular man. I didn't want to make the road he lived on too flat so I tried to make it look childish and that led to the circular nature of the road in some shots. A part of the storyboard that I found difficult was in the description from my Uncle about the house, I didn't want to change the perspective to my uncle as he talks about trying to avoid the house, having it instead stay on Mr Plimsoll's and his bungalow for the duration, so that part in the storyboard in my opinion is quite a weak part but it does help in the lead up to the Knock Down Ginger segment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie I really like how the road is curved in the storyboard that will look awesome with the rubber hose animation! like a fish eye effect as Mr Plimbsolls Bops along. I do find some of the storyboards kind of tricky to understand what is happening, it would be handy if the panels were numbered to tell you - I think with the sound attached to the storyboard in an animatic would make it more clear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - looking forward to the animatic now, so congrats on trashing out the imagery - an important step taken in getting this film on screen! By the looks of these panels, you're using some of the early animation conventions nicely... in terms of the bungalow scenes - I think you probably need to take a breath and commit yourself to the fact that you might need to start thinking of the house as an additional character - by which I mean is you bring it to life as in 'Monster House' - so it becomes a set-piece - windows as eyes - it comes alive, so you depict it from your uncle's childhood fear of it, as opposed to just showing it.

    ReplyDelete