Sunday 6 January 2019

Minor Project- Mr Plimsolls: Animatic

Mr Plimsolls- Animatic from Katie Lima on Vimeo.

Here is the Animatic for my film about Mr Plimsolls. After looking at the feedback I got for the storyboards I made slight changes to them before sorting them out into the animatic. I realised that I would need some additional scenes as I was applying the frames to the audio as the timings between the two weren't matching up to my liking. I tried to keep the sets and backgrounds limited for the film and I also wanted to try out so effects in 2D in some of the scenes, like with the churchyard scene. Overall, doing the animatic as now given me a stronger idea of how the film will turn out, now that there is visuals to go with the audio. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this a lot! I can imagine these scenes in 3D already and I think it's a good idea to go into colour in the last part.

    I think that last shot looking out the window is good to end on - I think holding it for a while would add to it and you could almost have a child run nervously past the window or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to enjoy here, Katie - I like the moments when you push it - so the 'ghost' over the graveyard and the way the house becomes an evil face etc. I think there are moments in your animatic that you could push even more in terms of skewed perspective and distortion and anthropomorphism. Because we see the 'real' interior of the house in the closing scenes, all the previous stuff should be really distorted I think - proper 'Halloween/Scooby-do' stuff - I've got this great reference for you in terms of thinking about some of those interiors in this sense - take a look at this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZNIFf63Iw. (It's not 'on message' in terms of the rubber-hose tradition, but it's the expressiveness that really works here!)

    I do very much like the 'rotating' street scene thing - lovely - but I do think too that it could swap to a 3/4 style shot too, where we see him walking on the drum but the camera is looking at him at and we're also seeing the buildings on his left side circling past him - I think that will be engaging too.

    In terms of preparing your animatic for submission, you'll want some great sound in there - owl hoots, thunder and lightening, spooky music, footsteps, screams, chopping up sounds etc - all of that shizzle - to really bring your world to life :)

    ReplyDelete