Sunday 28 October 2018

Minor Project: Mr Plimsoll's House and Road Concept

Fig 1: Concepts for Mr Plimsoll's house


Here are some initial designs of the bungalow that Mr Plimsoll's lived in. I initially didn't aim for an exact representation of the actual house Mr Plimsoll's lived in, I wanted to experiment with drawing a different styles of bungalow and how I could use the house in some shots for animation. This is why there are a few designs with one window as I had in mind a shot of the camera looking into the window at Mr Plimsoll's looking out. This idea was based on my Mum's account of her nightmares about him looking at her through the window of his house.
However when I showed the designs to my Mum's friend who lived on the same street, they pointed more towards the houses with two windows on either side as a more accurate representation of the house. They also plan on sending me images of both the house, the street as well as a photo of a street party that might have Mr Plimsoll's in it.


Fig 2: Concept Ideas about the street Mr Plimsoll's Lived on



























The street where Mr Plimsoll's lived is on the opposite side of a church, there is also numerous trees along the pavements that I want to include in final designs of his street, the reasoning is that it brings more variety to the road. I want to add the neighbouring houses to help in showing that Mr Plimsoll's house is different and spooky. In comparison to the lighter coloured houses, his bungalow is darker in tone and very dilapidated. 

1 comment:

  1. Just remember your 'Early Animation/rubber house influences too...

    https://comics.ha.com/itm/animation-art/painted-cel-background/fleischer-studios-painted-background-max-fleischer-1930s-/a/7142-96076.s

    http://tralfaz.blogspot.com/2018/04/pleased-to-meet-cha-backgrounds.html

    ReplyDelete