Thursday 8 November 2018

Life Drawing: 5th November

Fig 1: Gouache Painting of models torso and elbow

Fig 2: 5 Minute sketch with a Clutch Pencil and Brush Pen
Fig 3: 10 Minute sketch in pencil and highlighted in red pen
Fig 4: Gouache Painting of one of the poses in Fig 3


Fig 5: Multiple Drawings that implemented the storyboard format of the sketchbook, coloured pens and stamps were used 

Fig 6: Another Sketch implementing the storyboarding format

Fig 7: Final Study piece using watercolour mixed with white gouache

On Monday 5th November I joined in the morning life drawing session. Because I wanted to focus on experimenting with the supplies I had I brought with me: watercolours, gouache, inking pens, blue lead pencils and also novelty stationary things like the numerous cat stamps I've collected over the year. I decided to work in two sketchbooks for the session, one was is a regular watercolour sketchbook that I wanted to practice gouache and watercolour on while the other is a sketchbook that is supposed to be for storyboarding but because the spine of the books isn't that good and the pages are prone to ghosting I used it to do more general experimenting with the supplies I brought with me.

Overall I found that attending the life drawing session was a very therapeutic couple of hours especially after the hectic weekend I had, it allowed for me to relax and enjoy drawing and painting with supplies I haven't touched in a while. With the end result being a collection of sketches and studies that I really enjoy, with my favourites of the lot being 1, 4, 5, and 7

1 comment: