Tuesday 22 January 2019

Life Drawing: Monday 14th January

Fig 1:

Fig 2: 

Fig 3: Sectional study using 4 different colouring pencils

Fig 4: Study using 3 differing coloured pencils 

Fig 5: 20 Minute study using 3 colouring pencils

Fig 6: 20 Minute study using 4 colour pencils for the body and additional 2 for the cloth
For this life drawing session I wanted to experiment with a new medium I hadn't used in a long while, colouring pencils. I really want to practise them as I would like to use them in some matte paintings for my environments in the Major project along with watercolour. The two sets I have are Derwent Coloursoft pencils and Faber-Castell Polychromos. While being different brands, all of the pencils blend well together and the use of the darker tone of the paper I used really makes the lighter colours of the yellows and light greens and purples really stand out.
Overall I feel as though this life drawing session really gave me a good feel of using pencils and I can really see the difference of the earlier pieces to the later ones as i got more used to and more accustom to the medium.

1 comment: