Monday 19 November 2018

Life Drawing: 19th November

Fig 1: 1 Minute Sketches in Pen 1


Fig 2: 1 Minute Sketches in Pen 2


Fig 3: 5 Minute Study made with Pencil and Posca Marker 

Fig 4: Study with Watercolour

Fig 5: Study with Watercolour and Pen

Fig 6: 20 Minute Study with Gouache and Posca Markers

Fig 7: Studies with Pencil and Posca Markers

Fig 8: Studies with Pencil, Posca Markers and Stamps

Fig 9: Studies made with Watercolour, Pens and Stamps

For this weeks Life Drawing, while continuing to use the two sketchbooks, one being a watercolour sketchbook and the other one a storyboarding sketchbook with very thin paper, I decided to introduce my set of Posca paint pens. I wanted to experiment with different techniques with them such as layering, and adding water but I feel like I wasn't confident enough to go all the way with the experimentation which led me to use pencil as a safety net. I also was planning on doing more combination things with watercolour and white gouache but unfortunately I left the gouache behind so I was having to work without being able to layer colours, like what I did in the last life drawing session.
Overall I feel as though while I wasn't confident enough to properly use the paint pens I'm happy with the quality of work produced in the session and I'm really enjoying making compositions with the storyboarding sketchbook to block in certain aspects of poses to focus on.

1 comment: