Tuesday 15 December 2015

Maya Tutorials: UV Layout

Fig 1: Final Render of the Set of Blocks

Fig 2: The UV Layout and the model side by side

Fig 3: Model of Block

Fig 4: Render of blocks without smoothing the models first

While the tutorial made the process of UV mapping look quite simple, with the sides being a square shape when cut and unfolded, when I did it there were slight distortions with two of my sides which seemed to neaten out a little when I unfolded it again. When sorting out the models and smoothing it as well, maya wouldn't let me smooth the object at first but when I performed the action again they did indeed smooth out. While I did have some minor hindrances, I found this tutorial to be interesting and I feel as if I understand the process a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment